Black History Month Kickoff


The more you know of your history, the more liberated you are. - Quote by Maya Angelou


Image Credit: Quotesbook.com/Galina Lysenko 


Hello, my brothers and sisters! I pray all is well with you and your families. Welcome to February! The theme of this month is Black History. I like to start off celebrating and spotlighting this Black History Month with some well known historical figures quotes worth remembering. I hope these quotes bless you and help start your day. 

“If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” – Frederick Douglass


“It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.” - Frederick Douglass

“I never ran my train off the track, and I never lost a passenger.” - Harriet Tubman

“Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”- Harriet Tubman 


"If you can't fly then run, If you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Darkness can't drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.


"It always seems impossible until it's done" - Nelson Mandela



“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.”- Nelson Mandela
"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you." - Dr. Maya Angelou
" I learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Dr. Maya Angelou
" Don't be in such a hurry to condemn a person because he doesn't do what you do, or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today." - Malcolm X
" My alma mater was books, a good library...I could spend the rest of my life reading just satisfying my curiosity." - Malcolm X



Comments

  1. Encouraging historical facts! People will not forget how u made them feel wow Maya Angelou so true💕our current generation is missing these quotes. They some how think it's all n there cell which they are. Something about a real life lecture that you can recall like it was yesterday. Thanks for the gems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

God is the Architect

God's Got You Covered

Speak To Your Mountain