Leave Fear Behind



God did not give us the spirit of fear, but of power and love and a sound mind. II Timothy 1:7

The year 2015 is gone with all of its challenges and gains and setbacks that I had experience. Not to mention that the setbacks are just setups for a comeback.  After a little over a month break from blogging and being away from the computer due to coping with death of a family member and a brother battling cancer I must get back to blogging. Well, a new year has arrived, a year of great expectations of a fresh start. First, let me begin talking about one of the biggest enemy in life and that is fear. I would like to extend an invitation to let’s say goodbye to fear. (the unhealthy fear not the holy fear). I believe God wants us to break free from it. Are you ready to step out of the realm of fear?  Fear doesn’t come from God, perfect love cast out fear.  Fear is our worst enemy; it’s an enemy of faith.  Fear = “False Evidence Appearing Real.” Fear draws boundaries and can hold us hostage and cause defeat in our lives if we allow it. It can paralyze us and have us not moving if it’s not overthrown. We cannot make friends with fear, it wants to terrify us and sabotage our God given purpose. When we are trying to achieve a certain goal in life or trying to accomplish a mission for God, we should not allow fear to stand in our way. When we walk in fear we are not walking in faith and hope in God, II Timothy 1:7 advises us that the spirit of fear does not come from God. Recognizing and conquering our fears is important if we want to escape its power over us.
When fear tries to grip me I repeat God’s word to strengthen my faith and to help calm my fears.  “Fear not for I am with you, be not dismayed; for I am your God, I will strengthen you, yes, I will help thee, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand”  Isaiah 41:10
Peter fought against fear and doubt. Jesus told Peter to “Come” and Peter begin to walk on water in the midst of the waves and the winds. The minute Peter took his eyes off of the Lord, he begin to sink. Right at that instant fear gripped Peter and caused him to lose his focus and his purpose. When fear grips our mind, it is hard to focus, we become powerless. We have a choice to change our focus and our problem to the focusing on the Word of God, Philippians 4:8 says “Finally, brethren whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are good report, if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise—dwell on these things. Most of the time what we are fearful of does not happen at all.

A few common fears below that tend to hold us back:

Fear of the Unknown- It’s not knowing what to expect, whether it’s a new surroundings, or a new possibilities it can somewhat be fearful.

Fear of Failure- Fear of failure falls into the category of a fear of shame. Failing makes you have a deep shame. Failure allows those things to stop us from doing the things that can move us forward to achieve our goals.

Fear of What Others may Say or Think – this is a great fear and can keep one in a pothole, unable to move forward. Don’t let the fear of what other think or say stop you. Get comfortable with not knowing what other people think, most people are not thinking about you anyway.

Fear of Rejection – Fear of experiencing hurt or pain. Fear or rejection is associated with negative thoughts about yourself and rejection. Rejection is not the end of the world.

Fear of Taking Risks – It involves an act where you have the potential to either lose or gain.  The possibility of rejection, humiliation and more can play a part in the uncertainty of it.

We don’t have to be a prisoner of fear and continue to let fear limit or hold us back through excuses, our experiences, or people. Time to take action!  We can master fear with the Word of God; it’s trusting God who is bigger and greater than any fear. Let’s say goodbye to the fears that hold us back from new experiences and greater fulfillment in our personal lives and calling!  We can be set free from the bondage of fear!

Prayer:  Heavenly Father, help me to cast all my fears upon You, the ones that holds me back in achieving my dreams and what You have called me to do. Help me to be Kingdom focus and know that You have not given me the spirit of fear, but of sound mind and of love. Help me not to harbor fear that holds me back but to move forward and rely on Your provisions and not my plans. In the name of Yeshua! Amen!


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Lady Shira for your love and support, I really appreciate it. God bless you!

      Delete
  2. In the name of Jesus Christ AMEEN!!! This was very encouraging cause an open and effectual door has been opened and I am gonna boldly go where I have never been before!!! Glory to God!!!I love you my sista!!This Gwendolyn Smith-Cooper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lady Gwendolyn, it is such a privilege to be a blessing to you and thank you for stopping by, May God continue to grace you with His blessings! Boldly Go my Sista and Love you back!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

God is the Architect

Today's Reflection-Wounds of Gossip

God's Got You Covered